Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Situations. (grade please)

(In this journal, well sort of a diary entry, I will not say what happened exactly, knowing it will just create problems.)
Dear Journal,
Expect the unexpected.
Something to always keep in mind. Not too long ago something drastic occurred with a guy. Something that I will always look back on, regretting it everything that happened. Wanting to move on but not being able to. Waking up and dreading it each and every morning. Asking myself, why did I even get involved with this type of guy. I mean yes I have heard what a nice guy he is, but then I heard of his "other side". Where he is basically the biggest "inappropriate word" ever. But of course I had to find out the hard way; by getting screwed over.
A couple of my friends and I decided to go to another friends house. Lets call him Joe. Well Joe had a lot of friends over and we all thought it was going to fun and games. We all were totally wrong. I got into a sticky situation with Joe that will always be in the back of my head. Something that will effect all of my future relationships with guys.
Now, not only did this hurt me mentally but it made me think how guys really are in today's society.
I mean yes the majority of guys are great. Always there for you and make your days better. However, once you get into some kind of a relationship with them it is like they turned evil. They take advantage and end up just hurting the girl. Not every ones' relationships turn out this way, but the majority of them have.
So are guys just out there to get what they want and then dump us girls off on the side of the road?
I guess this question will never be answered until we all find the "one".
I just wish it wasn't such a painful thing to deal with. I mean does this whole "love" thing only hurt us to show that they aren't the one?
Ever since this incident happened to me, I get all these questions that seem to be unanswered. I really just wish that guys start treating girls up to their standards and quite treating them like dirt. I guess I just get offended what guys do from what happened to me. I just don't want that to happen to any other girl. It was painful and depressing. I am just glad I had friends that helped me get through it. Helped me carry on, just like in Tim Mcgraw's song. "What don't kill us makes us stronger, so carry on".
Tori.

1 comment:

  1. Tori -- I'm so glad you shared this experience. I know that a lot of other people can relate to it, and I think it's really mature of you to feel ok sharing this experience with others. We all learn with help from other people. My favorite idea in the post is the question about whether "this whole "love" thing only hurt[s] us to show that they aren't the one"...I love that idea...

    ReplyDelete